Today, in this article we will talk about biography Of Rahul Dravid. So, lets Start
About Rahul Dravid
Rahul Dravid was born on 11 January 1973 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, and Bangalore is the home town of Karnataka Inn. He did his schooling from St. Joseph’s Boys High School, Bangalore, Karnataka and spent his college years at St. Joseph’s College of Commerce Bangalore University of Bangalore and St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration, Bangalore. Rahul Dravid has a commerce degree and his father is Sharad Dravid, mother Pushpa Dravid, and brother Vijay Dravid. Rahul Dravid has no sister and belongs to Hinduism.
He has also captained the Indian cricket team many times in his international and national cricket career, and his team rarely gets a great batsman like Rahul Dravid, he was also accused of ball tampering while playing Zimbabwe in 2004.
Some personal information about Rahul Dravid
Rahul Dravid’s full name is Rahul Sharad Dravid, he is affectionately called “The Wall” or jammy or Mr Dependable. And this former player of the Indian cricket team, former captain and today’s coach of the Indian cricket team. He has played the role of the former head coach of the Indian cricket team. Rahul Dravid, 5 feet 11 inches, weighs about 76 kg.
About Rahul Dravid’s Cricket Career
Rahul Dravid made his debut for India team in his International Test match on 20 June 1996 while playing in England ground, and in International ODI match on 3 April 1996, Rahul Dravid played against Sri Lanka in his ODI match in Singapore. was launched.
Rahul Dravid used to play cricket when Keki Tarapore and GR Vishwanath were his coaches. And if we talk about the state team, then he has performed for Karnataka, Kanterburi, and Kent and Royal Challengers Bangalore and Rajasthan Royals team. This player of calm nature used to enjoy playing against Australia the most. He loved playing coverdrive while playing cricket.
Some records of Rahul Dravid
- Rahul Dravid performed brilliantly in his two ODIs, where he also shared 318 runs with Sourav Ganguly, and 331 runs partnership with Sachin Tendulkar, which is also a world record today.
- He also holds the record of being dismissed for the most number of ducks in his name. Rahul Dravid is the only player in the Indian cricket team who has scored five double centuries in five Test matches till date. And the special thing about his double century is that all that century is bigger than the previous century. That is, he has scored 200, 217, 222, and 233 and 270 runs in his test matches, which is a world record even in today’s time.
- This is the only player of the Indian cricket team, under whose captaincy whenever Team India has won, he has scored excellent runs in those matches. That is, in the matches captained by him, the Indian cricket team has never won the match with less figures, but with more figures and by a huge margin.
- Apart from these, after Sachin Tendulkar, only Rahul Dravid is such a brilliant player who has completed 10000 runs in the Indian cricket team in Test matches and in ODI matches.
- As a non-wicketkeeper player, he has taken 210 wickets, which is the highest in the history of cricket to date, and is the only player in the Indian cricket team who has scored at least a century, played against all the cricket teams he has played as Indian cricket team player.
Some interesting facts about Rahul Dravid
- Rahul Dravid is a cricket team player who does not like to drink or smoke.
- Rahul Dravid started playing cricket at the age of 12. Rahul Dravid easily speaks English, Hindi, Marathi and kannad.
- Rahul Dravid’s father used to work in a factory that made jam, and because of this he got the name Jammy and he was named The Wall while advertising for Rebook.
- Rahul Dravid loved playing hockey very much in his childhood, and one interesting thing is that he was also selected in the junior hockey team.
- Rahul Dravid is known for his cricketing techniques, that is why he is considered to be one of the most brilliant cricketers in the world.
- After former Indian cricket team player Ajit Agarkar, who scored 67 runs in just 21 balls, Rahul Dravid was the fastest to 50 runs in 22 balls.
About Rahul Dravid in all cricket formats
Rahul was a brilliant player of Dravid and the captain of the Indian cricket team, who came from Karnataka and started playing in the Indian team. Rahul Dravid has played 164 test matches till date. In which he has scored 13288 runs. If we take an average, he has scored about 52.31 runs in every Test match, and has scored 36 centuries and 65 half-centuries in 164 Test matches.
Apart from this he has played 344 ODI matches till date in which he has scored 10889 runs, and if we take the average of 344 ODI matches, he has scored 39.16 runs in almost every match, and in these 344 ODI matches he has scored 12 centuries and 84 half-centuries. . In Test matches, he has hit 1665 fours and 21 sixes.
Rahul Dravid was most known for his technique because he knew some such techniques of playing cricket, which brought him to the place he is today.
Rahul Dravid has played only one T20 International till date and he scored 32 runs in it, in which Rahul Dravid also hit 3 sixes. Rahul Dravid has hit 250 fours and 42 sixes in ODI matches.
But Rahul has played 89 IPL matches till date in which he has scored 2174 runs, and in them he hit 268 fours and 28 sixes.
Finally, Rahul Dravid played his last match on 24 January 2012 at the Adelaide ground in Australia, and later retired from all international Test matches. And on 16 September 2011, while playing a match against England, he retired from cricket in all his international ODI matches.