Mithali Raj’s Early Life
Mithali Raj was born in a Tamil family, but that family was from Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Mithali Raj was born on 3 December 1982, and Mithali Raj’s father’s name was Dorai Raj, who works in the Indian Air Force as a Warrant Officer of the Indian Air Force, and his mother whose name is Leela Raj. At the age of 10, Mithali started playing cricket very earlier.
She attended KS High School when she was in Hyderabad. And for his intermediate studies, he had joined Kasturba Gandhi Junior College, which is located in Secunderabad, from where he got his intermediate education. During school days, Mithali Raj’s elder brother used to train her as her coach.
International cricket career of Mithali Raj
When Mithali Raj started playing cricket, she started her domestic career with great cricketers like Poornima Rao, Anjum Chopra, and Anju Jain. He started playing cricket on behalf of Railways. After that Mithali Raj started playing her cricket career in 1999.
He started playing 1999 at the national level. He played his first test match against England on 14 January 2002. And Mithali Raj also played her first ODI match against Ireland on 26 June 1999, and debuted in ODI match. Apart from this, he played his first T20 match against England on 5 August 2006.
Mithali Raj’s height is 5 feet 4 inches, and she is a right-handed batsman and top-order batswoman.
Today Mithali Raj is the only woman who has crossed the 7000-run mark for Women’s ODI matches in Women’s International cricket matches. She is the first woman who has scored seven consecutive half-centuries in ODI matches.
With this, Mithali Raj holds the record for making the most fifties as the most number of female players in the whole world, and in June 2018, Mithali Raj became the first female cricketer to cross the 2000 mark in her T20 International matches. Is. She did this feat during the 2018 Women’s T20 Asia Cup.
Mithali Raj was made the captain of the Indian cricket team in 2005 and since then Mithali Raj is the captain of the Indian cricket team.
On 1 February 2019, that opportunity came during India’s ODI series against New Zealand, when Mithali Raj became the first woman in the whole world to have played 200 ODI matches. In 2019, he took retirement from his T20 career so that he could concentrate properly in his ODI matches.
Mithali Raj has received the title of Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the World in year of 2017, she received the Arjuna Award in 2003, and the Padma Shri in 2015.
Mithali Raj’s entire cricket career
Mithali Raj has played 12 test matches in her cricket career so far, in which she has scored 699 runs. And in 12 matches he has scored about 43.68 runs in every match where he has also scored a century and 4 half-centuries, his highest score in Test matches is 214 runs.
Mithali Raj has also played 220 ODI matches in her cricket career, where she has scored 7393 runs at an average of 51.32 runs. And in those matches, Mithali Raj has scored 7 centuries and 59 half-centuries so far. Mithali Raj’s highest score in ODI matches is 125 runs, and Mithali Raj has also taken 8 wickets in her ODI matches.
Mithali Raj has played 89 matches in her T20 International matches, where she has scored 2364 runs. And he has scored every match at an average of 37.52 runs, Mithali Raj has scored 17 centuries in his T20 matches, and his highest score is 97 runs.
Some interesting facts of Mithali Raj
- Mithali Raj loves to read, that’s why she keeps reading all the time in her spare time.
- Mithali Raj was the first female cricketer to receive the Arjuna Award, she received it in 2003.
- Mithali Raj is the first female cricketer who has also received the Padma Shri, she received the Padma Shri in 2015 from the hands of Shri Pranab Mukherjee, the then President of India.
- His father’s name is also hidden in Mithali Raj’s name, Mithali Raj’s full name is Mithali Dorai Raj and her father’s name is Dorai Raj.
- Before making her debut in cricket, Mithali Raj did not like to pursue a career in cricket, she was a very good dancer of Bharatnatyam, and so she decided to pursue her career in Bharatnatyam, which she changed to move forward in the field of cricket.
- Mithali Raj is the first woman cricketer to complete 7000 ODI runs.
- Mithali Raj was only 16 years old when she made her ODI debut. She had scored a century in her debut match; she was the youngest woman to do so.