Harmanpreet Kaur is a prolific player of the Indian cricket team, and she made her Test debut against England on 13 August 2014 and made her ODI debut on 7 March 2009 against Pakistan, and on 11 June 2009 against England. He also played his first T20 match against Let’s know more about them-
Early Life of Harmanpreet Kaur
On 8 March 1989, Harmanpreet Kaur was born on in Moga, Punjab. Harmanpreet Kaur’s father’s name is Harmander Singh Bhullar, who is a volleyball and basketball player, and her mother’s name is Satwinder Singh Kaur.
Harmanpreet Kaur started playing cricket after joining Gyan Jyoti School Academy. Gyan Jyoti School Academy was 30 km away from her home, where she trained with her trainer Kamaldish Singh Sodhi.
Harmanpreet Singh Kaur moved to Mumbai in 2014, where she started working for Indian Railways. And Harmanpreet Singh Kaur’s favorite batsman is Virender Sehwag. Harmanpreet Singh’s father used to work as a clerk in the judicial court, and he also wanted to become a cricketer in his early days and Harmanpreet Kaur’s father was also his first coach.
International cricket career of Harmanpreet Kaur
Harmanpreet Singh Colony made his ODI debut against Pakistan on 20 August 2009. And Harmanpreet Singh Kaur also participated in the 2009 Women’s Cricket World Cup, where she played at the Bradman Oval ground, in addition, Harmanpreet Singh also made her T20 International debut in 2002, and she played in England Women’s Cricket. He made his debut while playing with the team. And that match in the Inka County Ground which is located in the tents, where he scored 8 runs in 7 balls.
Harmanpreet Singh is known for hitting long sixes in all her international matches. Harmanpreet Singh Court has also been a former captain of the Indian Women’s cricket team. She was made the captain of the Women’s T20 Asia Cup in 2012. And Mithali Raj was made the Vice-Captain because Jhulan Goswami was not able to play due to injury.
In March 2004, during the Indian tour of Bangladesh, he was made the captain of the Indian cricket team. And Harmanpreet Singh Kaur also scored a century in her second ODI match.
Harmanpreet Kaur Kapur Cricket Career
Harmanpreet Kaur has played three test matches till the date, in which she has scored 38 runs. Harmanpreet Kaur has scored 38 runs at an average of 7.60. And the score of 17 runs is the highest Test match score till now. He has also taken 9 wickets in three test matches.
Harmanpreet Kaur has played 106 ODI matches so far, in which she has scored 2552 runs at an average of 34.95. In which he has scored 3 centuries and 12 half-centuries. 171 is his highest ODI score to date, and Harmanpreet Kaur has also taken 25 wickets in her 106 ODI matches.
Harpreet Kaur has played 117 matches in her international T20 career in which she has scored 2254 runs. And he has scored 2254 runs at an average of 26.3 runs. In which he has scored 1 century and 6 half-centuries, and he has scored the highest score of 103 runs in his T20 International career, and he has also taken 29 wickets in T20 matches.
In the Women’s Big Bash League, Harmanpreet Kaur has played 14 matches till now, and in this, she has scored 312 runs, and has scored runs in every match at an average of 21.10, and in this, she has also scored a half-century. And the score of 64 runs is his biggest score till now. He has also taken 6 wickets in 14 matches.
Some interesting facts of Harmanpreet Kaur
- Harmanpreet Singh was the first woman cricketer from all over the world, including the Indian cricket team, to score a century in her T20 World Cup match.
- During the 2016–17 season, Harmanpreet Singh became the first player of the Indian cricket team to be signed by a foreign cricket club for the T20 format, in the Women’s Big Besh League, taking place in Sydney. They were signed.
- In 2012, Harmanpreet Singh Kaur was made the captain of the Indian cricket team, and today’s captain Mithali Raj was the Vice-Captain at that time.
- The entire Indian cricket team praises the captaincy of Mithali Raj.
- Apart from cricket, Harmanpreet Singh Kaur also likes to play volleyball and basketball.
- Harmanpreet Singh Kaur was signed from the Indian cricket team for the Kia Super League, after that Smriti Mandhana was also signed.
- Harmanpreet Kaur scored 171 runs in 115 balls in the semi-final match of the Women’s World Cup against Australia.