Virender Sehwag was called the most destructive best man of the Indian cricket team because he brought tears to the eyes of big bowlers with his batting. Virender Sehwag was a left-handed batsman in the team. He joined his One Day International in 1999. And he started playing international test matches in 2001.
Virender Sehwag’s early life
Najafgarh, Delhi was the place where Virender Sehwag was born on 20 October 1978. His short name has been called Veeru or Nawab of Najafgarh or Sultan of Multan. He was a right-handed batsman and has a right-arm-off-break.
Virender Sehwag was born in a Jat family, and his father was a paddy trader. And he lived in a joint family, so he knew what it was like to live with brothers, with uncle, with tai, with tau. He also had 16 cousins.
Sehwag today lives in Haryana. And he was the third child out of four children given birth by his father. Virender Sehwag’s father’s name was Krishna Sehwag and his mother’s name was Krishna Sehwag. And his two elder sisters were named Manju and Anju, his younger brother’s name was Vinod.
Virender Sehwag had a great desire to play cricket in his childhood. And he was very devoted to cricket since childhood. But as he grew up, his dedication towards cricket increased, and under the direction of K Amarnath Sharma, who was his coach, became a very attacking batsman. Virender Sehwag is graduated from JMI college delhi.
International cricket career of Virender Sehwag
Virender Sehwag made his debut in the Delhi cricket team in 1997 through First Class Cricket. He was playing for the Duleep Trophy on behalf of the North Zone cricket team. While playing for the Duleep Trophy, he scored the highest score of 274 runs in the match. There he went to play against South Zone, then he scored 187 runs in just 175 balls, and seeing his performance like this, he was selected in the Under-19 team of the Indian cricket team.
He joined the Indian cricket team to tour South Africa. In 2001, he became a prominent player for the national Indian cricket team.
Virender Sehwag was also the captain of Delhi Daredevils, and while playing in IPL, he played well in 2 seasons of IPL. And there he took part in about 96 matches, and scored 2629 runs in total, where he had scored a century twice and half-century 16 times. And his biggest score was 122 runs in IPL.
Virender Sehwag did very badly at the beginning of his ODI match against Pakistan, after which he was not given a chance to play in the team for 20 months.
But when he scored 58 runs in 54 balls against Zimbabwe in the home series, after that he did not get a chance to play for the national team again. Playing against Sri Lanka in 2001, he got a chance to become an opening batsman in international cricket for the first time.
Cricket career of Virender Sehwag
Virender Sehwag has played 160 test matches in his cricket career, in which he has scored 8586 runs. And he has played all his Test matches at an average of 49.34, and Virender Sehwag has scored 23 centuries and 32 half-centuries in 104 Test matches. And the score of 319 is his highest score. And in 104 test matches, he has taken 40 wickets so far.
Virender Sehwag has played 251 ODI matches in his ODI matches, in which he has scored 8273 runs, and he has scored runs in every match at an average of 35.05. In 51 ODI matches of his friends, he has scored 15 centuries and 38 half-centuries. And his highest score in ODI matches till date is 219 runs. He has also taken 96 wickets in 251 ODI matches of his friends.
Virender Sehwag has played 194 matches in his first-class cricket, in which he has scored 14683 runs. And in these, he has scored 47.36 runs at an average, and his highest score so far was 319 runs. And in this, he has scored 42 centuries and 55 half-centuries. And in his 194 first-class matches, he has also taken 105 wickets.
Virender Sehwag has played 332 matches in his List A cricket matches in which he has scored 10454 runs. And in this, he scored runs in every match at an average of 34.05, and in this, he has scored 16 centuries and 57 half-centuries, and his highest score in relationship matches has been 219 runs. And in this, he has also taken 142 wickets.
Some interesting facts of Virender Sehwag
- When Virender Sehwag was 12 years old, he had broken a tooth while playing a cricket match, and he took the help of his mother to hide this fact from his father. He made his first-class debut in 1997 which was with Tamil Nadu.
- Virender Sehwag was a brilliant and smoky batsman like Sachin Tendulkar and he has performed better than Sachin Tendulkar in many matches.
- Virender Sehwag was banned from the Test match for the first time for misbehaving with the umpire, to which the BCCI said that the decision was one-sided.
- After making 304 against Pakistan in April 2004, Virender Sehwag became the first player to score 3 centuries in an innings.
- Virender Sehwag is the best batsman in the world, and this is what the number of runs scored by him says,
- Virender Sehwag also loves to sing songs. Sometimes he used to sing songs in the middle of the match.
- Virender Sehwag used to talk very funny many times in the middle ground, once when Shoaib Akhtar was provoking him to hit a six. Then Virender Sehwag said, “Doosari aur tera baap khada hai (where Sachin Tendulkar stood), Use bol, Voh chakka marega.”
Sachin Tendulkar hit a six off the very next ball, on which Virender Sehwag told Shoaib Akhtar that “Baap baap hota hai beta beta hai”