About Yuvraj Singh’s Early Life
Yuvraj Singh was born on 12 December 1981 in a Sikh family, and his father Yograj Singh was a former player of the Indian cricket team. His mother’s name is Shabnam Singh. Yuvraj Singh’s favorite sport flying in childhood was tennis and roller skating. He also won the roller skating championship when he was 14 years old.
After that, his father Yograj Singh forced him to play cricket. After this Jograj Singh started taking Yuvraj Singh to play every day. Yuvraj Singh got his commerce degree from Dev Public School which is in Chandigarh. And Yuvraj Singh got engaged to Hazel Keech in 2015 and got married in November 2016.
Yuvraj Singh had to leave his cricketing career due to cancer. And when he tried to start back in cricket after defeating cancer, then it could not come back from him and he finally retired from cricket.
About Yuvraj Singh’s International Cricket
Yuvraj Singh made his Test debut on 16 October 2003 against New Zealand in Mohali, and on 3 October 2000, Nairobi played his first ODI match against Kenya. And on 13 September 2007, he played his first T20 match while playing against Scotland.
Yuvraj started his domestic career playing for Punjab in 1997-98, where he was playing a match against Bihar while playing for Under-19. Yuvraj Singh scored 358 runs for Punjab against Bihar while playing a match for the Ranji Trophy, and Bihari scored 357 runs in total on that side.
On 3 October 2000, Yuvraj Singh set his foot in ODI and he started his ODI match with a great performance. Yuvraj Singh scored 84 runs in 80 balls while playing against Australia.
Yuvraj Singh has played 2003, 2007, 2011 World Cup matches for India. And Yuvraj Singh scored 42 runs against England. He scored an unbeaten 50 against Pakistan and scored an unbeaten 58 against Kenya. He took 5 wickets in the 5 matches he played.
Yuvraj Singh helped India win the ICC World Cup trophy in 2011, and in the 2011 ICC World Cup, he scored 362 runs in the entire tournament and took 15 wickets. After this Yuvraj Singh got the Golden Arm Award.
Cricket career of Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh has played 40 Test matches in his international cricket career, in which he has scored 1900 runs. And he has scored 1900 runs at an average of 33.92 runs. In which he has scored 3 centuries and 11 half-centuries. His highest score in test match was 169 runs, and he also took 10 wickets in a test match.
Yuvraj Singh has played 304 ODI matches in his ODI matches, in which he has scored 8701 runs. And he has played an innings of 8701 runs at an average of 36.55 runs. And he has scored 14 centuries and 52 half-centuries in it. And the highest score was 150 runs; on this, he has also taken 111 wickets.
Yuvraj Singh has played 58 matches in his T20 International matches, in which he has scored 1177 runs. And he has scored 1177 runs at an average of 28.02. In which he has scored 8 fifties. His highest T20 score was 77 runs.
And Yuvraj Singh has played 139 matches in his first-class cricket, in which he has scored 8965 runs. And in this, he has scored 26 centuries and 36 half-centuries. And the score of 260 runs was the highest score, in which he has also taken 41 wickets.
Some interesting facts about Yuvraj Singh
- Yuvraj Singh’s father Yograj Singh played one Test match and 6 ODI matches in his international cricket career.
- Yuvraj did not like cricket since childhood. He loved to play tennis and roller skating.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu, who is a former player of the Indian cricket team, also helped Yuvraj Singh to teach the game.
- In the early days of Yuvraj Singh, his father was his trainer.
- Yuvraj Singh was called by all the players in the dressing room by the name of Prince because Yuvraj means Prince.
- When Yuvraj Singh was 13 years old, he got selected in Punjab under-16 team, and when he was 16, he got selected in the Punjab Under-19 team. And played a brilliant inning of 137 runs against Himachal Pradesh.
- There is a scene in the biopic of Mahendra Singh Dhoni where Yuvraj Singh scored 358 runs against Bihar where the whole of Bihar scored 357 runs.
- Yuvraj Singh has won the World Cup title in 3 World Cups, in which he has won the Player of the Series title three times.
- Yuvraj Singh loves to watch Marathi, Punjabi, and Hindi movies.
- When Xbox 360 was launched in 2006, its brand Ambassador was Mr. Yuvraj Singh.
- Yuvraj Singh became the first all-rounder to score more than 300 runs in a World Cup. And has taken more than 15 wickets in a single tournament.
- Yuvraj Singh is the first Indian cricket team player to have defeated cancer.