Match Prediction: Who will win the 40th match of BBL Between Melbourne vs Thunder

Image Credit Twitter- @RedNoseAus

About the match & location of the match

The 40th match of the Big Bash League is going to be played between Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder. This match will be played at Melbourne’s Docklands Stadium and according to Indian Standard Time, this match will start on Saturday 8 January 2022 at 12:35 pm. From the point of view of the table, both these teams will try their best to win this match.

Performance of both teams

If we talk about the performance of both the teams, then the 40th match of Big Bash League is going to be played between Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder but Melbourne Renegades have played nine matches so far and they have won 4 matches in 9 matches of this tournament. Due to this, they are currently sitting in fifth place in the points table. And on the other hand, Sydney Thunder has won 6 matches in their last 9 matches, due to which they are ranked third in the points table.

Both the teams have performed very well among themselves but now whichever team loses will have to face a big blow in the points table. In their last match, Melbourne Renegades defeated Brisbane Heat by 5 wickets. And Sydney Thunder’s previous match was with Perth Scorchers in which they lost by 6 wickets to Perth Scorchers.

Matches played by both the teams

If we talk about this match between Melbourne Renegades vs Sydney Thunder, then both the teams have played 13 matches in the BBL tournament so far out of which Melbourne Renegades have won 9 matches and City Center has won 4 matches.

Pitch condition

If we talk about the pitch of Docklands Stadium, then this pitch is known as a balanced pitch. It is also easy for the batsmen to score runs here, and it is also easy for the bowlers to take wickets. That is why it will be difficult to say whether a team batting or bowling first will decide their victory or defeat. This time the decision of the match will depend on the overall performance.

Melbourne Renegades 11 players

Will Sutherland, Sam Harper(w), Rilee Rossouw, Mackenzie Harvey, Kane Richardson, Shaun Marsh, Aaron Finch(c), Mohammad Nabi, Imad Wasim, Zak Evans, Peter Hatzoglou

11 players of Sydney Thunders

Sam Billings (WK), Nathan McAndrew, Gurinder Sandhu, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Alex Hales, Sam Whiteman, Matthew Gilkes, Ben Cutting, Chris Green (C), Tanveer Sangha

Match prediction

If we tell you the production of this match between Melbourne Renegades vs West Indies today, then the chances of winning this match are more for Sydney Thunder because Sydney Thunder has won more matches than Melbourne Renegades and today we predict that Sydney Thunder will win this match because all the players of Sydney Thunder are seen in a lot of forms at the moment.

Winning Chances of Both

If we sum the chances of both teams winning, then Melbourne Renegades has a 43 percent chance of winning this match while Sydney Thunder has a 57% chance of winning the match.